Monday, June 21, 2010

Revolutionaries


Greetings
I hope this finds you the art lover being treated well by life.
Last week my friend Quiche delighted me with a night out on the town in downtown Vancouver, Washington to view the “Windows Into Art” exhibit. This exposition of contemporary art in vacant buildings and in storefronts was conceived by artist K.C.Madsen as a way to exhibit contemporary art in the Pacific Northwest in a new way making it accessible to a wide range of people. Viewable at all times of day and night this show is comprised of twenty one different artists and takes place in seven different buildings all within walking distance from each other. The show runs from June 4th to July 5th. Look for postcards in the local business in downtown Vancouver or print your map from the web. I believe there is something for everyone to enjoy and if you can’t find something you like you might consider seeing a psychologist for some mental help.
http://www.windowsintoart.org/
This month, June I finished my spring term at Portland State University. I am working on a group of paintings for Cannibals Gallery for the July show on the theme of “Revolutionaries”. I find it interesting to think about who is a revolutionary and why. Has a person affected you? Do you live your life by their example or a quote they made?
I personally have many different people who have inspired me or given me something to strive for. One of my favorites is Johnny Cash, the Man in Black.
Wishing you all the best
Jason Berlin

No comments: